StormMamba Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express your creativity!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Pokemon strategy in the making!

Go down 
+4
sabienlance
YodasFunHouse
StormMamba
Cmndrkool321
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

A Pokemon strategy in the making! Empty
PostSubject: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 8:17 am

Uttitan forums was being a bunch of jerks as usual and said i couldnt post this topic on their made up pokemon strategies topic on their forum! All because i asked for advice An EVs! so im putting it here quote for quote to ask some REAL professionals on how to raise pokemon!

im making a girafarig that can paralyze, flinch pokemon, and send status problems back to the opponet. so far his moves are:

Stomp (headbutt for HG/SS users is preferable)
Zen Headbutt
Magic Coat
Thunder Wave

you start out with thunder wave, and then use stomp/headbutt/Zen Headbutt for flinching. If youre opponent is gonna use hypnosis, confuse ray, wil-o-wisp, toxic, or thunder wave, you can sent it back using magic coat!

does this seem like a good pokemon for competitive 1 on 1 use? and can someone help me with th EV spread, nature and item? I really want to know from a pro at competitive battles because im not so good with those things!
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 am

I would use an Impish(+Def, -SpAtt) Nature, Leftovers or Sitrus Berry for an Item, and for EV's I would go for 128 HP, 52 Att, 128Def, 200SpDef

Last edited by BlackMamba on Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackMamba40568
YodasFunHouse

YodasFunHouse

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:36 am

It seems pretty solid, I would say, you are very good, people at uttitan don't know anything!

Nice strategy in my opinion, but what happens if your up against a sableye, that doesn't have will-o-wisp, like mine?

Though it may seem cheap the Kings Rock would help Flinch, and then nature probably Adamant or something, and then and then Ev Spread I ain't good with sorry
I think Mambas is better choices then mine
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YodasFunHouse
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 am

BlackMamba wrote:
I would use an Impish(+Def, -SpAtt) Nature, Leftovers or Sitrus Berry for an Item, and for EV's I would go for 128 HP, 52 Att, 128Def, 200SpDef

mamba, that is gold! im goona go to uttitan and rub this in their dirty faces! with compliments from you of course! thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:57 am

in order for Girafarig to last longer I would go with Mamba's Ev spread but I do have a concern about pokemon like Sableye would could completely counter the set like Yoda mentioned. Magic Coat is a great move especially now with all the Darkrai users but maybe instead of Zen Headbutt you can maybe use another move like Crunch. I know it does not have stab but it allows damage on all pokemon. I wish I had more right now but I have no access to game sites at work. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SabienLance
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 am

sabienlance wrote:
in order for Girafarig to last longer I would go with Mamba's Ev spread but I do have a concern about pokemon like Sableye would could completely counter the set like Yoda mentioned. Magic Coat is a great move especially now with all the Darkrai users but maybe instead of Zen Headbutt you can maybe use another move like Crunch. I know it does not have stab but it allows damage on all pokemon. I wish I had more right now but I have no access to game sites at work. Sorry.

I would teach it crunch, but it wouldnt get the flinching hax that zen headbutt would get. and like Yodasfunhouse I would get in major trouble with sableye, and fast ground type pokemon. But thats why i carry more pokemon with me! lol
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:05 am

Cmndrkool321 wrote:
sabienlance wrote:

I would teach it crunch, but it wouldnt get the flinching hax that zen headbutt would get. and like Yodasfunhouse I would get in major trouble with sableye, and fast ground type pokemon. But thats why i carry more pokemon with me! lol

true but you still have headbutt which is a great move for flinching. I mentioned crunch because I have had battles where I had no pokemon left and had to give up which stinks lol.
Back to top Go down
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 am

just an update, im no longer going to uttitan forums anymore! they are horrible people. They told me Blackmamba's EV spread sucked and he isnt a good trainer, and they called me a **** because i told them i got actual help from a pro! That pisses me off! i think its perfect the way it is, and i want to see them do better! If you have a uttitan account, close it! those guys are mean and have no experience! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:22 am

just read on Uuttitan. Ouch sorry man.
Back to top Go down
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:25 am

sabienlance wrote:
just read on Uuttitan. Ouch sorry man.

i know! those guys were rough and mean! I didn't know they would react that way! im leaving that forum for good cause no one disses me or a close friend! Stormbreakers is officialy my new forum family Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darkiway

darkiway

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:29 am

I never even gave it a chance: I'm subscribed to uuton, but just reading the commetns he gets sometimes make me sick. You girafarig looks awesome, btw.
Back to top Go down
http://darkiway.excequo.net
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 11:31 am

darkiway wrote:
I never even gave it a chance: I'm subscribed to uuton, but just reading the commetns he gets sometimes make me sick. You girafarig looks awesome, btw.

thank you! at least all you guys respect my moveset!
Back to top Go down
KingDon 9162

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 12:51 pm

I really like this Girafarig, I agree with Mamba's EV spread, he'll rock. One note why not have the move tutor in Platinum teach it sucker punch for the fourth move.
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:25 pm

KingDon 9162 wrote:
I really like this Girafarig, I agree with Mamba's EV spread, he'll rock. One note why not have the move tutor in Platinum teach it sucker punch for the fourth move.
He wants flinch possibility for his attacking moves.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackMamba40568
StormBreaker2312
Admin
Admin
StormBreaker2312

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 1:46 pm

BlackMamba wrote:

I agree that this EV spread would work well for a Girafarig. It gives him a bit more bulk defensively so he can handle some hits, the EV's in attack give him a bit of an extra power boost and all of his flinch attacks can handle the rest. The Magic Coat strategy works well for dealing with status inducing moves. Although Sableye (and likely Spiritomb as well) could counter Girafarig, keep in mind that Girafarig would not be the only Pokemon on his team. There would be ways to work around that.

Overall I think it is a solid EV spread and item choice. BlackMamba has helped me with a LOT of EV spreads and I haven't found anything negative about them. So if Uuttitan wants to bash that spread because it isn't on Smogon, let them do it. That means more good strategies for us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://stormbreaker2312.forumotion.net
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Well said Storm, Well said.
Back to top Go down
YodasFunHouse

YodasFunHouse

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm

Very well said!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YodasFunHouse
Ose

Ose

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:20 am

That is quite pointless seeing as how there are more than too many pokemon that negate the effects of flinching and some whom can use it to their advantage, such as Gallade and Crobat.
And also, since you are using a Girafarig which is truly on common I guess it would be an element of surprise, I'm just worried it won't do much damage and it does get killed off quite easily. Girafarig should be used as a Pseudo-Passer, or a general baton passer because of its great defences but when you start using it to attack it gets kinda lame. Girafarig's purpose on a team is very linear.

Quote :

There's no point making it so bulky because it has no sense of recover and WILL die easily, it should take out as many pokes as possible. Girafarig only has 166 Special Defense, which actually causes it to be OHKOed by various UU Choice Specs users.

I suggest; 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with a Jolly nature so it can really pack a punch.
But if you do want it bulky, you must still have it outspeed most of the UU metagame, so I recommend; 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe or 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe with a Timid nature, 242 Speed is reached to outspeed +Speed nature Omastar, Crawdaunt, Clefable, and Lapras.

Good luck with that set, it's partially original and will catch some people off guard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Pokemon strategy in the making!   A Pokemon strategy in the making! Empty

Back to top Go down

A Pokemon strategy in the making!
Page 1 of 1