StormMamba Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express your creativity!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Grass Gym RMT

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ose

Ose

Grass Gym RMT Empty
PostSubject: Grass Gym RMT   Grass Gym RMT EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:47 am

Hey ya'll, I'm posting a RMT for the first time ;D This one is a little different, I have become a gym leader for a certain league sorta thing. The type I got was Grass, so it's kinda hard to make a team for that. The Ratio for the team can be 4/2, 5/1, or 6/0, but with grass you definitely need to run a 4/2 to get more diverse. I need a bunch of help with this team, but I think I've made a good start. Keep in mind that this team is mainly offensive. Please tell me what you think and give any advice.

From Afar...
Grass Gym RMT Spr_4h_251Grass Gym RMT Spr_4p_407_mGrass Gym RMT Spr_4d_286Grass Gym RMT Spr_4h_389Grass Gym RMT Spr_4p_485Grass Gym RMT Spr_4h_145
In-Depth (Changes in Bold)
Grass Gym RMT 170px-251Celebi
Celebi @ Occa Berry
Ability: Natural Cure
EV's: 76 HP, 252 SpA, 180 Speed
Nature: Modest
Moveset:
~Stealth Rock
~Leaf Storm
~Earth Power
~U-turn
Description: This is my lead for my grass team and it actually does really well as one. With great base defenses to support this offensive set, this Celebi holds up very well to a lot of standard pokemon. With it's good bulk it can even come on later and hit hard with it's great moves. Stealth rock is very beneficial to my heavily offensive team, and it's the best entry hazard. Leaf Storm is a great move, 210 base power with STAB factored in is always scary to any pokemon. This move 2HKO's any lead that doesn't resist it. Earth Power compliments leaf storm very well, dealing with opposing Metagross leads as well as any other steels and fire types. Uturn is a great move for scouting and one of the best in the game, especially on a lead. Main problems are uturn leads like infernape and jirachi, although the former is not usually seen. Occa berry allows celebi to take any fire attack and fight back with an earth power. Also is a great surprise later in the game if celebi is still at good health. Bring it in on a Heatran that just revenge killed and take the FB and then kill it back with Earth Power.
EV's/Nature: Modest Nature for max sp.a power. Ev's are standard on lead Celebi, max sp.a for power and 180 speed to outspeed 280 speed stat pokemon.
Grass Gym RMT 100px-407Roserade
Roserade @ Choice Scarf
EV's: 6 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid
Moveset:
~Leaf Storm
~Sludge Bomb
~Hidden Power Ice
~Rest/Sleep Powder
Description: This is the Roserade set I use as a revenge killer, and does a great job for me. Roserade has the highest Sp.A out of all Grass types in the game, and with a scarf it can revenge kill a lot of things easily. Leaf Storm coming off of such a high Sp.A absolutely murders anything that doesn't resist it. Sludge Bomb is a solid STAB move and is for dealing consistent damage. The last attack move is hard to decide on, but each of them deserve a mention. HP ice is the one I use currently, and it's a great way with dealing with dragons and flyers that are major threats to my team. HP fire gives Roserade a way to deal with steels not named Heatran that could wall this set, namely Skarmory, Metagross, Registeel, and Bronzong. HP ground is a way of dealing with 3 of the above pokemon, especially Heatran. However, I have more pokemon that have ground moves for taking out fire/steel types. The last move is also controversial, but rest+natural cure is a great way for restoring Roserade's health and with natural cure allows me to relieve myself of sleep. However, Sleep Powder is a great way for crippling any opposing pokemon.
EV's/Nature: The nature I use is Timid for outspeeding certain pokemon after a DD. EV's are for a special sweeper, with max speed and special attack.
Grass Gym RMT 286Breloom
Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EV's: 44 HP, 252 Atk, 212 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
~Spore
~Stone Edge
~Focus Punch
~Mach Punch
Description: Breloom is one of the most effective pokemon in the game when you bring it in correctly, sporting (what I think) the best move in the game as well as an awesome Atk stat. This is the basic standard moveset for Breloom, spore on something you're faster than and unleash a powerful Focus Punch the next turn (Even things that resist it take a large portion of damage from it). Stone Edge is great for hitting those Flying Intimidators (Like Salamence and Gyarados), that try and switch-in on the expected Focus Punch but end up getting hit with a powerful Super Effective Rock Attack. Mach Punch is for priority, which my team desperately needs. It also does a good amount of damage because of STAB and Breloom's awesome Atk stat.
EV's/Nature: Adamant nature for giving Breloom the highest attack it can. EV's are standard, max atk and enough speed to outspeed certain pokes. Rest into HP.
Grass Gym RMT 170px-389Torterra
Torterra @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EV's: 12 HP, 252 Atk, 244 Speed
Nature: Adamant
Moveset:
~Rock Polish
~Wood Hammer/Seed Bomb
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
Description: I honestly had no idea how good this pokemon was until I tried it. RP Torterra does a great job in the standard metagame, being able to take on certain threats as well as having great attacks. After a Rock Polish, Torterra can outspeed any standard pokemon as well as scarf Heatran. Wood Hammer does tremendous damage to any pokemon that does not resist it, and makes a great suicide move for when Torterra get's an overgrow boost. Earthquake is a great move and is another STAB Torterra get's, hitting fires and steels that annoy this team. Stone Edge is to deal with flyers that can be annoying to this team, mainly Gyarados, Salamence, and Zapdos. Life Orb is for extra power that Torterra needs to get those 2HKO's and OHKO's in the standard metagame.
EV's/Nature: Adamant nature to max out it's attack. 252 Atk ev's to maximize attacking power. 244 speed allows Torterra to outspeed Scarf Heatran after a Rock Polish. The remainder is put into HP.
Grass Gym RMT 210px-485Heatran
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EV's: 6 Atk, 252 Sp.A, 252 Speed
Nature: Timid/Naive
Moveset:
~Fire Blast
~Earth Power
~Substitute
~Dragon Pulse
Description: Though I'm not sure on what set to use, Heatran is by far the best pokemon to use on a mono grass team, resisting everything that grass is weak to (Ice, Flying, Poison, Bug, Fire). The moveset I went with was the sub+3 attacks one. Fire Blast is for STAB and does a lot of damage. Earth Power hit's many other pokemon for SE damage as well as other heatran. Substitute is a great move, and if the opponent thinks I'm scarfed I then get my chance to get behind a sub and decide what to use. It also allows me to kill opposing Heatran they might bring in to a take an expected fire attack. Explosion is a great way for me to take out capital pokemon that are very bulky and very annoying to my team, such as latias, and also allows me to deal with blissey. However, Dragon Pulse is a good option too for allowing me to hit Latias without killing myself as well as other dragons. I'm starting to lean towards more toward D-Pulse as well as a Timid Nature because Bliss is taken care of by Breloom or Torterra.
EV's/Nature: Timid nature to outspeed base 80's as well as positive speed natured based 70's. Max Speed and Sp.A to allow it to perform at it's best. Rest into HP.
Grass Gym RMT 220px-145Zapdos
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EV's: 252 HP, 224 Def, 32 Speed
Nature: Bold
Moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Heat Wave
~Toxic
~Roost
Description: Zapdos is my second and final wild card and does goes great on my team. Defensive Zapdos is one of the most annoying pokemon to take down with it's great immunities and resistances. Thunderbolt is for STAB and an overall good move. Heatwave compliments Thunderbolt and Toxic nicely hitting all pokemon for at least neutral damage (Besides the rare Rhyperior). Toxic is a great move on someone as hard to take down as Zapdos, slowly draining the HP of any opposing pokemon, while Roosting off any dammage taken.
Description: Bold nature to take physical assaults better. You might wonder why I give it Max HP, and that's too get maximum leftovers recovery, and because I don't fear Stealth Rock that much. 32 Speed to outspeed certain pokemon, and the rest into Def to take physical attacks better.

So that's the team. I know there are some pokemon that greatly threaten this team, mainly Scizor (On the grass types), Staraptor, Starmie and Mamoswine. A pokemon I had in mind of putting in was a Scarf'd Starmie over Zapdos, resisting fire types as well as revenge killing all of the above (Including scizor because I would run HP fire). Anyways, please tell me what you think; ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Possible additions to my team;
Grass Gym RMT 260
Swampert @Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Nature: Relaxed
-Surf / Hydro Pump
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Roar

This is MixPert with the exception of no SR here,Ice Beam always OHKO Mence (MixMence is a big threat to this team) while Earthquake and Surf is two reliable STAB moves,the choice between Surf and Hydro Pump is up to you,Hydro Pump boast an OHKO on Mamoswine and 2HKO on SDScizor while Surf provide perfect accuracy.Roar is there because your team lack phazer and having 1 to fill this role wouldn't hurt

A final look...
Grass Gym RMT Spr_4h_251Grass Gym RMT Spr_4p_407_mGrass Gym RMT Spr_4d_286Grass Gym RMT Spr_4h_389Grass Gym RMT Spr_4p_485Grass Gym RMT Spr_4h_145
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

Grass Gym RMT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grass Gym RMT   Grass Gym RMT EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:11 am

To be honest ose, I really like this team. I would probably use Swampert over Zapdos as a fast water type with a water and ice attack like starmie can potentially sweep this team if you were to lose Roserade and most starmies that I have seen don't carry grass knot. Other than that I like the ev spreads and pokemon on this team. Great team man.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SabienLance
Ose

Ose

Grass Gym RMT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grass Gym RMT   Grass Gym RMT EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:35 am

sabienlance wrote:
To be honest ose, I really like this team. I would probably use Swampert over Zapdos as a fast water type with a water and ice attack like starmie can potentially sweep this team if you were to lose Roserade and most starmies that I have seen don't carry grass knot. Other than that I like the ev spreads and pokemon on this team. Great team man.
Thank you very much (:
But I noticed this team as a huge DDMence threat and I have decided to make a few changes.
Made some changes to Zapdos.
Zeppelin (Zapdos) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/224 Def/32 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder
- Rain Dance
- U-turn
- Roost

Simple rain inducer, for 100% accuracy, stab and increased power for stab but also to weaken fire attacks.

The rain sweepers;

Mariachi (Ludicolo) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Surf
- Rain Dance

Draconis (Kingdra) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk/232 Spd/24 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Draco Meteor

Self explanatory really.

Meadow (Roserade) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/120 Spd/136 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Grass Knot
- Sleep Powder
- Weather Ball

Be aware, I'm using this set for a rain dance team. Toxic Spikes works great with Sleep Powder, but unfortunately so many things are Immune to it (Poison/Steel, Flying/Levitate), so Spikes may be better, I'm not sure, I'm aware Spikes and Sleep Powder will not work, so should I replace Sleep Powder with Grass Whistle in the 4th slot. If I switch to Grass Whistle, should I use Rest over Weatherball to stay alive and come back in? Weatherball will, however, allow Roserade to hit opposing Fire types on their switch in, but it is very dependent on the weather, and since Roserade isn't investing in Special Attack Rest may be better, I'm not sure. Obviously Weatherball is what seperates it from most Grass types, and under the Rain it may prove useful. But I don't know if it's worth the risk or not.
Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

Grass Gym RMT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grass Gym RMT   Grass Gym RMT EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:15 pm

well, i saw you are the new grass type gym leader for Dan-Rick forums since i showed it to you! your team looks pretty solid! hopefully all of us here can battle that team to see if we are gym worthy over on their forums!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grass Gym RMT Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grass Gym RMT   Grass Gym RMT Empty

Back to top Go down

Grass Gym RMT
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StormMamba Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Discussion-
Jump to: