StormMamba Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express your creativity!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ose

Ose

Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep? Empty
PostSubject: Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep?   Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 am

I've been testing it after reading a few custom move sets of a sweeping Uxie. Uxie has great defence stats, both special and regular meaning with a few Calm Minds it could become quite a beast, if you maximize the defence and give it a Bold nature, or whatever. Here's what I've been testing;

Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep? Dpmfa480
Uxie @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold / Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA OR 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA
Ability: Levitate
Moveset:
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Yawn/Reflect/Hidden Power Ice/Thunder Wave/Heal Bell

I originally had this set at Yawn but I've been thinking if that's the best choice. I original had it at a Timid nature with the EV spread of 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpA, giving it the ability to outspeed other Pokemon with a 90 base speed; such as Houndoom. But I've been wanting to change it to Hidden Power Ice to complete the BoltBeam combo that offers fantastic neutral coverage against most opposition. But seeing as Steelix, Claydol, Exeggutor and the very rare Shedinja are the only Pokemon that will wall this set I am not that concerned. Substitute would have helped me to block status, but Seismic Toss will always break your Substitutes, making it a less desired option ):
Uxie could also use Grass Knot or Shadow Ball but they have no additional coverage and aren't really worth mentioning.

Although it lacks initial power, Uxie can last a long time. This makes it a somewhat viable user of Calm Mind, although it lacks the power needed for OU play.

What do you guys think? I have been testing this and it does fine. Suggestions?
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep?   Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 6:28 am

Nice setup Ose. Since it is meant for sweeping I would probably go with Timid nature with the ev's in speed and special since even without def ev Uxie can take hits. the moveset looks good and for the last move Yawn or even Heal Bell can work since heal bell can help when paralyzed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SabienLance
Ose

Ose

PostSubject: Re: Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep?   Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:01 am

Thanks. I love using Yawn it forces the opponent to switch or sleep but either way I still set up at least 2 CM's. I started testing Heal Bell because I've been really unlucky and have been parahax'd a lot lately ):
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep?   Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep? EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 7:59 am

I have the same issue with hax so I have started using heal bell too and it really helps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SabienLance
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep?   Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does Calm Minding Uxie actually sweep?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StormMamba Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Discussion-
Jump to: