StormMamba Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express your creativity!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

PBR Counters

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 1:34 am

well i played my first couple online matches yesterday and got COMPLETELY destroyed by dark void darkrai. man i hate that move. and his ability. You guys have any good counters? i think a lum/chesto Hitmonchan w/ mach punch but any others? it seems like thats the most commonly used set in random wi-fi. either that or smeargle.
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:34 am

Easiest way to counter Dark Void in general is with Magic Coat, to reflect the sleep back at the opponent. Then you have free hits on him and down he goes. Your counter would work fairly well, but it only works once unfortunately, so double Darkrai or Darkrai/Dark-Void-Smeargle would cause a lot of problems.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackMamba40568
StormBreaker2312
Admin
Admin
StormBreaker2312

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 pm

BlackMamba wrote:
Easiest way to counter Dark Void in general is with Magic Coat, to reflect the sleep back at the opponent. Then you have free hits on him and down he goes. Your counter would work fairly well, but it only works once unfortunately, so double Darkrai or Darkrai/Dark-Void-Smeargle would cause a lot of problems.

Agree with Mamba on that. Overall magic coat is still likely the best counter for the dreaded Darkrai, you just have to hope you don't run into multiple ones. Another possibility for a counter is having a very fast Pokemon with a chesto berry, if you can outspeed Darkrai then you should be able to take it out fairly quickly and the chesto gives you back up in case he happens to nail you with dark void before he goes down. Pokemon with the Insomnia ability or even a move like sleep talk can also prove useful. Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
https://stormbreaker2312.forumotion.net
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 7:53 am

oh thanks guys. yeah ill look into some magic coat learners and if i don't find any that i can fit on one of my teams, ill just give one of them a chesto berry. the main problem is i don't really wanna take away an item but i guess that i could make the sacrifice. thanks for the suggestions!
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 8:01 am

hmm.. i looked into the tiers and couldn't really find a speedy fighting type... weaviles not fighting but it does have low kick. exceot that i assume darkrai weighs nothing... i looked into magic coat (other than wobbuffet) and found primeape, hitmonchan. machamp..infernape possibly. too bad he's ou Sad well i was thinking of making a team rocket team (wobbuffet), a monotype team (haven't decided yet) and a starter team (infernape) so if i test em out and i don't like em i think ill stick with a priority or chesto berry. thanks again guys! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 9:53 am

yes, magic coat works the best. I use my good ol fashion Girafarig BlackMamba and I made. It can counter those dark voiding darkrais with magic coat! if one of them somehow gets me, you can use its ability, Early Bird to wake up quicker! and sometimes, those people are so dumb, you can use a pokemon with Insomnia to throw them off!
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:39 am

LOL! great idea. im really into NU/UU so that'll be perfect. man i hate those people who just wanna win lol. thanks i'll probably try to fit that on my team.

as a side note: man i looked at some other forums and this one is BY FAR the nicest..geez. I went on some forum and this guy had a question and some moderator said "read the forum rules before you even attempt to post again." wow. so thanks guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:46 am

hmmm. im thinking of basing my team around girafarig (im glad i didn't mispell it lol) and i was wondering whether you think, as a darkrai counter, i should use it as a lead (as many in pbr use darkrai leads) or go for a special choice set similar to the one posted on smogon?>>> my guess is against a darkrai team is that they will have other ubers or ou's that will own my girafarig so i think i should surprise them as a lead..
Back to top Go down
darkiway

darkiway

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:16 am

itsallaboutthepolitoed wrote:
hmmm. im thinking of basing my team around girafarig (im glad i didn't mispell it lol) and i was wondering whether you think, as a darkrai counter, i should use it as a lead (as many in pbr use darkrai leads) or go for a special choice set similar to the one posted on smogon?>>> my guess is against a darkrai team is that they will have other ubers or ou's that will own my girafarig so i think i should surprise them as a lead..

You're not in it for the win? HALLELUJAH lol. I like you. If you wanna counter darkrai, you need a lead pokemon. Hence girafarig should lead. Magic coat girafarig is useful, like cmndr said. A special set wouldnt work well agasint darkrai, who outspeeds girafarig and is dark type. Besides, girafarig doesnt have many good moves against darkrais.

ps: Weavile has access to brick break, which deals considerable damage to darkrai, as opposed to low kick.
Back to top Go down
http://darkiway.excequo.net
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:37 am

if you need a good girafarig moveset. just ask me! I used to have a moveset up here on the forums, but i decided to tear it down for "reasons". Its probably one of the greatest pokemon i ever made a moveset to!
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Cmndrkool321 wrote:
if you need a good girafarig moveset. just ask me! I used to have a moveset up here on the forums, but i decided to tear it down for "reasons". Its probably one of the greatest pokemon i ever made a moveset to!

LOL Cmndr. That moveset isn't exactly entirely useful against a Darkrai against which you can't even Paralyze because you magic coated it. And besides, Darkrai always wakes up after 2 turns, because Darkrai is evil like that, so you can't even take it down in time.
Back to top Go down
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 12:44 pm

but what about the flinch hax you can get? my Headbutt/King's Rock combo causes a lot of flinches.
Back to top Go down
StormBreaker2312
Admin
Admin
StormBreaker2312

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 10:58 pm

oh thanks guys. yeah ill look into some magic coat learners and if i don't find any that i can fit on one of my teams, ill just give one of them a chesto berry. the main problem is i don't really wanna take away an item but i guess that i could make the sacrifice. thanks for the suggestions!

Just to throw this in there you won't lose an item. All berries reset after each match so if you lose a berry in one battle, you will have it back in the next. Also a fighting type isn't necessarily needed to take Darkrai down. Having a fast pokemon with strong attack or special attack and a good special or physical fighting move (depending on its stronger stat) can still do Darkrai in. It seems like you have some cool ideas for a team floating around. I too love using NU/UU pokemon or I use OU pokemon in NU ways haha. I am also glad you feel welcome at these forums! That is what we are aiming for! I have been on forums before where there are lots of nasty mods and admins who don't seem to care about our opinions or ideas at all. That is something I wanted to change when I made these forums.
Back to top Go down
https://stormbreaker2312.forumotion.net
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:57 pm

Cmndrkool321 wrote:
but what about the flinch hax you can get? my Headbutt/King's Rock combo causes a lot of flinches.
Sorry to rain in on your parade Cmndr, but you can't flinch a Darkrai to death, because Darkrai are faster than a Girafarig, nor can you paralyze it to slow it down because you used magic coat to put it to sleep for it to wake up in 2 turns. I think the person will eventually figure out that they can't put your Girafarig to sleep.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:56 pm

oh thanks guys lol.
stormbreaker2312: oh yeah i just meant like i could have another item on it but id have to give it up to put on a berry. and thanks Very Happy !

darkiway: lol yeah thanks for the brick break thing. yeah. hate winners. and haters lol. LOSERS FTL! or is that LOSERS FTW..?

im thinking of making a monotype team, but ive never made one before so if someone wants to help me make one Very Happy

man. you'd think itd get boring playing with ubers all the time lol.

about flinchers: so hard to find a serene gracer. all i can think of is togekiss...hmmm and the dunsparce i have. i max speed(ed) it but its still not enough to outspeed most of the ingame guys lol. suckss.. man blissey is such a waste lol. i mean two great abilities and they completely ignore serene grace.

DANG. i was looking at clefable the other day. WTH! its got the best ability ever lol. well not really. but.. i thought if i can make an anit-weather team id wanna base one around something like this. or not base but like..maybe use. lol

and if any one wants to help me make an anti-weather team (mostly sandstorm and hail+blizzard spammers) Very Happy

and if any one wants to help me make a gravity team lol.

I LOVE MAKING TEAMS. too bad i have no experience with any of the above.

i saw once a gravity team that used the gravity+zap cannon+ dynamic punch+ trap combo or quadrupolo. thing.

anddddd... uhm. oh yeah for double battles i might do that deal so i could have another lead that could compliment girafarig alongside it... oh geeeeeeeeeez. lol i shouldn't be here lol. i have a final tomorrow for summer school. darn.

Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:02 pm

oh yeah. i looked a little but i couldn't find the answer:

is there a way to get rid of slaking's ability?

maybe a worry seed/gastro acid thing..?

that would be beast! his BST is up there with the legendaries. lol.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:12 pm

okay. sorry guys never mind. i found out that you can skill swap a slaking. (cept that would suck for your other guy...) i also found out that you cannot worryseed slaking.. thats not weird.. and YES! you can gastro acid it! that'll be beast. so which gastro acider (man i love how i can make any thing a verb) should i use. their pretty much all weak defensively cause their poisons.. theres a Mew in there but hes Uber. theres shuckle hes a pretty defensive beast/turtle/bald old man in a shell sorta thing. Im looking at a support vileplume. possibly gastro acid, aromatherapy, sleep powder..etc.
Back to top Go down
Cmndrkool321

Cmndrkool321

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:14 pm

well, if you are looking for a Clefable set. use a Toxic Orb/Facading one. since it cant damage itself because of its ability, all it does is make Facade much powerful! Then you can teach it Fling, so if they send out something to wall clefable's facade like a Rhyperior or a Blissey, you can badly poison them! badly poison is good because then the wall wont stay out as long as they were planning it to cause the damage from poison increases evrey turn!
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 11:52 pm

about flinchers: so hard to find a serene gracer. all i can think of is togekiss...hmmm and the dunsparce i have. i max speed(ed) it but its still not enough to outspeed most of the ingame guys lol. suckss.. man blissey is such a waste lol. i mean two great abilities and they completely ignore serene grace.

Jirachi is a good flinch-tank if you don't mind using OU's, or if you are in doubles, have Jirachi or Blissey/Chansey Skill Swap Serene Grace to anyone with Rock Slide.

okay. sorry guys never mind. i found out that you can skill swap a slaking. (cept that would suck for your other guy...) i also found out that you cannot worryseed slaking.. thats not weird.. and YES! you can gastro acid it! that'll be beast. so which gastro acider (man i love how i can make any thing a verb) should i use. their pretty much all weak defensively cause their poisons.. theres a Mew in there but hes Uber. theres shuckle hes a pretty defensive beast/turtle/bald old man in a shell sorta thing. Im looking at a support vileplume. possibly gastro acid, aromatherapy, sleep powder..etc.

If you want a defensive Gastro Acid abuser, Arbok with Intimidate is pretty solid. He doesn't have Aromatherapy or Sleep Powder or anything like that, unless you count Glare as similar to Sleep Powder, but can survive long enough to use Gastro Acid. Support Vileplume sounds pretty beastly though.
I used to have team that skill swapped Slaking, then after waiting a turn, I would Skill Swap again onto, what I thought, was the opponents most dangerous pokemon, in order to totally cripple them, until they switch out at least.

im thinking of making a monotype team, but ive never made one before so if someone wants to help me make one Very Happy

and if any one wants to help me make a gravity team lol.

I'm sure everybody here would be willing to help. If you have a team idea you want help with, feel free to post it in this topic or PM me, as I love making teams, but without wifi, have no reason too.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:49 am

waiitt.. would a flame orb still cut clefable's attack?because if it doesn't i could fling it to cripple physical checks..

blackmamaba:

oh thanks. wait in "Pokemon Help" as a new topic thing or in this one? and wow man you don't have wi-fi? that's sadd Crying or Very sad
well thanks for the offer. i think i'll take you up on that. oh.. and i have no idea what PMing is so....uhh yeah lol
Back to top Go down
darkiway

darkiway

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 3:48 pm

waiitt.. would a flame orb still cut clefable's attack?because if it doesn't i could fling it to cripple physical checks..

blackmamaba:

oh thanks. wait in "Pokemon Help" as a new topic thing or in this one? and wow man you don't have wi-fi? that's sadd Crying or Very sad
well thanks for the offer. i think i'll take you up on that. oh.. and i have no idea what PMing is so....uhh yeah lol

PMs are private messages. You can send and receive messages through the forum's mail service in the messages section under the banner
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:04 pm

oh thank you.

oh darn. i have another problem lol.

people smuggling illegal giratinas..not that i don't hack and all. lol

so i had NO IDEA that shadow force could break protect. HOW THE HECK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW. lol jk

so i thought i had it all planned out when this bouncing million pound beast crashed into my gengar...wowwww.

so now i thought you guys could help me with this one Very Happy

any normal type counters that are fast enough to outspeed giratina before it "vanishes instantly" again?

thanks for the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
darkiway

darkiway

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:08 pm

oh thank you.

oh darn. i have another problem lol.

people smuggling illegal giratinas..not that i don't hack and all. lol

so i had NO IDEA that shadow force could break protect. HOW THE HECK WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW. lol jk

so i thought i had it all planned out when this bouncing million pound beast crashed into my gengar...wowwww.

so now i thought you guys could help me with this one Very Happy

any normal type counters that are fast enough to outspeed giratina before it "vanishes instantly" again?

thanks for the help Very Happy

any normal type with decent or better sp def can take down giratina in the long run. Snorlax with crunch is a fine example. Porygon family with ice beam too. if its singles, you dont have to worry about it crashing into you, just watch out for aura sphere. In doubles, why not bring a pokemon with follow me along? Very few pokemon can actually take giratina down in 1 hit without stat boosting, so consider something that can beat it in 2-3 turns instead. Chancey and blissey can take it down with a few ice beams, as well as clefable with ice punch (physical) or ice beam (special, preferably with calm mind)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PBR Counters Empty
PostSubject: Re: PBR Counters   PBR Counters Empty

Back to top Go down

PBR Counters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StormMamba Forums :: Pokemon Help-
Jump to: