StormMamba Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express your creativity!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?

Go down 
+2
sabienlance
KingDon 9162
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KingDon 9162

An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? Empty
PostSubject: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Hello everyone. First let me say I'm glad this forum is staying, and deepest appreciation to Storm and Mamba for giving this place another chance. Having said that an idea struck me about what we could do to maybe be a little more creative as far as forum challenges. As most forums have gym battles, rather than having typical gym leaders we can have colosseum challenges. Rather than going by type we could go by tiers. Think Pokemon Colosseum. We could have multiple colosseums-Unevolved, UU,NU,Ubers and so forth. Rather than having a gym leader we could have a team of say 3 trainers per colosseum, and to make the challenges more creative we could make sure the challengers had to use the same tiers as the colosseum they are challenging. I will post a more detailed post of this idea, but I wanted some feed back first to see if ...One, do you like it?...Two, if you can think of a way to make it better or more creative please do so. Again this an initial proposal, it is intended to not only reactivate participation but to be a little more creative in our approaches. Please let me know what you all think! I'll be waiting. Thanks -Don
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Alright Don buddy. First off I love this idea ( I am trying really hard not to copy it lol JK guys). Having a volosseum style league if you will is an awesome idea to really drive competition as well as allowing trainers to battle in the tier they prefer. It can also help to make trainers more experienced in all tiers, thus making them better battlers as well. Great thinking Ice King lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SabienLance
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 12:23 am

I really like the idea Don. I think that this is genius.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackMamba40568
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 4:55 am

Here is what I was thinking for this. Having 6 tiers, based on modified smogon tiers, because it's an easy starting place for it. Here are the tiers I was thinking:
-Uber
-OU
-UU
-NU
-Evolved
-Baby

The Evolved tier is for pokemon that are not fully evolved but have evolved. The Baby tier is for unevolved pokemon that have an evolution, excluding pokemon like Sycther and Onix.
I definitely agree with making opponents use the same tier. If the person challenging the colosseum defeats all the trainers in the colosseum, they could take the head trainer position and knock the bottom trainer out as well, so we could have rotation.
Back to top Go down
KingDon 9162

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 am

You got it exactly Mamba! We would need to flush this out of course, but you got exactly what I was thinking. I agree with you that we should modify tiers a bit, also I would suggest initially to build up one Colosseum at a time, then move on to the next, so that each one is running at top efficiency as opposed to 6 shoddy colosseums. We can give them names and even themes, but not types. Also...I'm getting on my soapbox here...I would like to see most of the clauses eliminated and I'll tell you why. Although I rarely have ever used double team or OHKO moves, THEY ARE IN THE GAME FOR A REASON!! Rather than go into my usual speech I'll give this example as to why I'm opposed to them. If you play poker or spades there are checks and balances built into the game. I think it is pure cowardice to say...Yeah I think it's noob that someone beats my 2 pair with 3 of a kind all the time, and then they make a rule where you can't have 3 of a kind. Ridiculous! Same scenerio...I can use calm mind or swords dance 3 times and create a sweep situation, but you can't use double team to counter and evade some of these now all powerful sweepers. Again, ridiculous. It's stacking the odds in favor of only one kind of strategy, under the guise of...we don't want to make it too hard...or let's make it accessable to everyone. Hogwash!! I'll give one last example then I'm through, and this has happened to me more than once...There's a no evasion clause in effect for the battle so I can't use double team, but my opponent brings in Tyranitar or another Pokemon with sandstorm and then brings out Cacturne or Gliscor with the sand veil ability. Their evasion is raised and at a critical moment a super-effective attack misses and causes me the match and then people say...Boy he's creative! REALLY?! If you consider raising the evasion on one side so that they have the advantage creative..Ok?! But I don't think so! I would like to see our rejuvanated forums a place where true creativity can flourish. I don't mind playing the low road sometimes and I believe there is a place for it on this forums, but I hope we can keep it in perspective. Limiting your opponent does not make you creative! It means you're lazy or just don't know better. Atreeko...Mamba...Storm...now that's creative. The goal is to get our challengers and ourselves to work your battles out with smart thinking not bullet punch or explosion, even though they have there place...used em from time to time myself, not hating! In closing this idea originated from my desire to work outside the little box that has become YouTube. Let's see if we can expand it not be assimilated by it.
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:04 am

Definitely agree Don, all moves exist for a reason, plus it's not like the actual game bans them either.
Back to top Go down
KingDon 9162

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:48 am

Well if you're in agreement, I'll work up the first draft and we can modify it so it's just right for the forums and we'll go from there.
Back to top Go down
sabienlance

sabienlance

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:02 am

So how do you really feel Don lol JK Buddy. I am in total agreement with this idea and I can't wait to see the drafts for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SabienLance
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:04 am

KingDon 9162 wrote:
Well if you're in agreement, I'll work up the first draft and we can modify it so it's just right for the forums and we'll go from there.
I'd appreciate it Don. If you want suggestions or help with the draft, you know where to find me.
Back to top Go down
YodasFunHouse

YodasFunHouse

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:19 am

This is a great idea Don, just amazing
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YodasFunHouse
KingDon 9162

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 11:18 am

Absolutely I'll want your input as well as the others including Storm. I should have the draft done in a couple of days. I'll post it for you guys to look at and give any input you would like to see. Since we're trying to rejuvenate the forums I think it best we consider all ideas, because no one thinks of everything. Also I would like to as much as possible eliminate as many potential hiccups before we go into actual opening of the first Colosseum, since you always run into a bump or two when you start anything, with you guys helping I think we can create something really special here. I'll get the proposal up soon, you guys help me work out anything you may notice, and then we'll have some fun!
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:35 pm

Sounds like a plan Don
Back to top Go down
darkiway

darkiway

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

I think this is really what his forum needs. If it cant compete with the other pokemon forums on the casual stuff, lets just win it with creative stuff. I know I'd love the baby and evolved colloseums! Hell, why not make colloseums similar to the stadium/colloseum/battle revolution/ battle frontier too. The possibilities are astounding.
Back to top Go down
http://darkiway.excequo.net
KingDon 9162

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 2:04 pm

Well that's the idea Dark, and with you Mamba, Storm and all the others I think we can do this second coming proud.
Back to top Go down
MrOHKO

MrOHKO

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 12:16 pm

Wow Don, sounds like a whole lot of fun, your gunna have to come up with an equally good idea now for Sabe or else its like your neglecting lol messing, but glad this forum is getting more interest again and ideas like this will certainly help!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?   An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ? Empty

Back to top Go down

An Idea : Tell Me What You Think ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StormMamba Forums :: Pokemon :: Pokemon Battle Revolution Zone-
Jump to: