StormMamba Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Express your creativity!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

helme make a double battle team!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

helme make a double battle team! Empty
PostSubject: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 4:20 pm

okay.. so i was thinking of making a doubles team..only problem is i haven't made one before...so if anyone wants to help me.... lol

well i thought about it and i watched some battles and i really liked this guys strategy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s0i-6n6_Bc&feature=related

basically he uses helping hand, trick room, and essplosion. i'm not sure if i can find anyone that'll do the job that haven't been used by this guy so i thought maybe i'd turn my attention to an essplosion team. or a helping hand team.. the temporaritynesssses of gravity, rain dance, sunny day, and trick room sorta turn me off just cause they only last for a limited number of turns (8 max with the heat rock/damp rock thingy).

so...esssplosion

i think a dusknoir could do the job as a bulky ghost and to absorb a teammates explosion.

i tried sending out a gengar with my designated essploderrrrr and as an LO sweeper, gengar i think would be to frail.

so.....helping hander gangsters

like minun and plusle. lol well seeing as theyre OHKOed by eq which is like the most used attack ever...i thought dusknoir again which can apparently lear helping hand through XD as i learned from that video description.

so...OH YEAH... i really liked the idea of a Fake Out lead

but i was really wondering if there was a way to make a fake out TEAM! dat's right. well i haven't seen any vids but im sure one of you has or made one yourself maybe so...yeahhh

maybe a fake outerr and a ghost lead to kill any ghosts that'd be immune to my fakeouting rampage

SO. since i have NO EXPERIENCE whatsoever... if you guys could help that'd be amazi.ng. yeah.

and also i was wondering if a standard basic (redundant) double battles team consisted of the same as a regular singles battle team would (phys/spec sweeper, both walls, support, etcccc)

AND basically what most of the strategies above have in common is DUSKNOIR the french fatty ghost. or any other ghost that could do the job just by BEING THERE. just being able to stay out and i don't know. BURN SOMETHING! or toxic it. seems like spiritomb or sableye could do it: spiritomb...uhm sorta blech but if i have to i'll use it and sableye, id gladly use him! any NU. cept lovdisc lol. what were they thinking?
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:07 am

oh yeah and definitely a FOLLOW ME team. i just played this guy. dangerous stuff
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:32 am

wow. sorry guys i have too many ideas. i also want psych upppp ftw
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:37 am

Concerning Weather Effects: Unless you are having a 6v6 battle, 8 turns is usually more than enough for a weather effect, seeing as you have a team that will greatly benefit from it and the opponent likely will not.

Fake Out Team: If you wanted to use Fake Out on everybody, and not worry too much about having a ghost type, Kangaskhan can learn Fake Out and can have the ability Scrappy, so you can use it on ghost types. I'm not sure how to make it so that you could have constant flinching going on seeing as it is a first turn only move, maybe using U-Turn with one and Fake Out with another, something like that.

As for a "Redundant" Doubles Team, they don't really exist. Walls need to be very solid in both defenses, as a physical and a special attacker could be out at the same time. Pure sweepers(massive attack and speed stat, with no defenses) don't work all that well in doubles either as you could have both the opponents pokemon attack that pokemon. The only way to really use those kind of pokemon are with a follow me user, using a focus sash on them so they might get 2 hits off, or by having another pokemon that the opponent would likely deem an even greater threat, and so would focus there attacks on that pokemon instead.

Most of my teams consist of a fairly bulky attacker, somebody who can take a few hits and deliver them just as hard, as well as a wall that can cope well against both physical attacks and special attacks. Other than that, everything varies from team to team. Most of my newer teams focus on bulk, pokemon that can take hits, no matter who they are from.

I know that the video poster said that he doesn't like using protect, but it can definitely be your biggest resource. You can probe your opponents team with it, save yourself from friendly damage from moves like earthquake and surf, and if your opponents likes double teaming that pokemon in specific, can give your other pokemon free shots on his team without taking damage.

In my opinion, Explosion is the most overused move in battling, and I try to avoid it unless it can somehow be used creatively. Use it at your own discretion.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BlackMamba40568
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 6:57 am

Let me get this right. You want these strategies/moves:
Explosion
Helping Hand
Fake Out
Follow Me
Psych Up

And you definitely want to use Dusknoir.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:34 pm

oh most definitely (about the protect).

scouting, activating random orbs and stuff (guts, facade, STAB lol ownage) is a big help and could help with my discrete use of explosion lol Very Happy

oh can you give me some examples of the bulky attackers you use?

maybe slowbro/slowking, donphan...? i'm just listing out some off the top of my head. so i've been trying to find pokemon that excel in both defenses but.. not that much luck in UU and below.

so i don't neccesarily need to use dusknoir, but i find him very useful with protect stalling and taking hits and as just being who he is (ghost) he can absorb the explosion..

late-game shedinja can be very dangerous, but the common giratina (ominous wind, shadow force) is very deadly (as well as the common fire blast and shedinja's many weaknessessss)

but. not very reliable...

thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 1:37 pm

oh yeah pretty much those moves. not all on the same team but i think if i could follow me, belly drum and idk sitrus berry/leftovers so that i have enough health to take a hit, have the follow me-er faint get the switch to a faster psych up-per and have maybe a subsalac or agility to create an unstoppable physical sweeper. but..lol that could take some time to perfect...
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 1:29 am

I have used Donphan, Lanturn, Dusknoir, and Slaking, although Slowbro and Slowking work well as well. I have also used Jirachi and Gligar.

You could have Claydol or Lunatone that abuses Cosmic Power while you have a Clefable or Togekiss use Follow Me, then send out an attacker to Psych Up off you Cosmic Power'r to make him bulky enough that it doesn't really matter if he is bulky to begin with.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:03 am

oh yeah that sounds just like what i had in mind Very Happy thanks!

so i looked on smogon but i couldn't find how many turns follow me lasts...is it until the user faints? no that sounds sorta cheap lol. but i have no idea.

hmm. so off the cosmic power boosts maybe a...uhmm i have no idea... a fast sweeper? maybe an alakazam, a
jolteon? hmm. hariyama has high attack. but i don't think it would work without the speed. electrode, espeon, tauros?

oh wait. nvm. i forgot that it has to be able to psych up..

maybe have another Follow Me-er to take the hits for the sweeperrr. no nvm. i guess thats what the defense/sp.defense boosts are for. sorry, i'm spacing out Very Happy

if you could give me some help with the reciever of the boosts that''d be a big help Very Happy

so can the Follow Me-er just use protect? well i sorta need to know how long follow me lasts..just a turn?

well if it lasts for a while i think you could abuse endure protect for 3 turns to raise stats.

so thanks! yeah that's what i was looking for.

if only miltank or kangaskhan could learn essssssssplosion with scrappy. that'd be beasst.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 3:06 am

alakazam, persian, starmie...

luvdisc lol
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyTue Aug 03, 2010 5:50 am

Follow Me is a priority move that only lasts that turn, so you need to use it every turn. The most common is Togekiss, and that is definitely overused in battling. Clefable is the other very common Follow Me user. I would probably use Electivire, who learns it through purification in XD or Lucario, because of it's fairly good typing, although you will need to max out it's defences.

As for Psych Up, you could use an Alakazam, Espeon, Tangrowth, Raikou, to name a few. There are enough pokemon that can learn Psych Up with decent attack or special attack stats.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 4:28 am

oh thanks. so maybe someone who can gain stats that can lure an electric type attack and then take follow me with electivire for the motor drive. i don't know though. not very common electric type moves on leads. maybe jolteon and magnezone except i hardly ever see magnezone as a lead. let's see..flying water...lol peliper jk. i don't know. i don't have to use electivire's ability i guess. yeah. and explosion and earthquake still affect both right? yeah maybe a levitator than. i like the claydol idea. is there anyone else from XD that can learn follow me? or do you know where i can find the information? i'll check serebii.
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 5:17 am

I get all my information from bulbapedia.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:18 am

oh yeah. i usually use bulbapedia or smogon but i didn't think bulba would have the pokemon from XD that could learn follow me and other moves. well i discovered that Cresselia is BL and it has crazy defenses and HP (All base 120) and can learn helping hand, trick, and gravity. i'm not sure how useful that is since im not making a gravity team (although i could). it can also learn moonlight to help wall and has lunar dance as a suicide move to bring in the next guy healthy if i plan to do some switching. thunderwave to cripple. i think it has great potential as a waller and im even more so attracted to it because it is in BL. sooo, if you think i could use it on any team i think id be fun to use.
Back to top Go down
itsallaboutthepolitoed

itsallaboutthepolitoed

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:19 am

oh i meant 130 in SpD. thats even better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StormMamba
Admin
Admin
StormMamba

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:47 pm

You could use Cresselia instead of Dusknoir for Helping Hand. That would also make Earthquake a viable boosted attack because Cresselia has levitate. And then you are using a BL pokemoninstead of an OU.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: helme make a double battle team!   helme make a double battle team! Empty

Back to top Go down

helme make a double battle team!
Page 1 of 1